Today I have a quick and easy slow cooker garlic herb mushroom side dish recipe for you! I like this recipe not only because it’s so quick and easy but it’s also made in the slow cooker which frees up some oven and stove top space which is really nice for large meals like Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. This mushroom side is as easy to make as throwing the mushrooms into the slow cooker (whole) along with garlic, herbs and butter! Yum! The dish is rounded out with some broth to cook the mushrooms in and to make a sauce with the addition of cream and parmesan cheese at the end! Are these slow cooker garlic herb mushrooms the perfect Thanksgiving side dish? I’m going to have to find out!
Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Mushrooms
Super easy and tasty garlic and herb mushrooms made in the slow cooker!
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Toss the mushrooms with the butter, garlic, oregano, thyme, broth, salt and pepper and cook in a slow cooker on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 1-2 hours before mixing in the half and half, parmesan and parsley!
Option: Add 1 tablespoon white miso paste to the sauce along with the parmesan.
Roasted Mushrooms in a Browned Butter, Garlic and Thyme Sauce
Creamy Brie Mushroom Sauce
Creamy Garlic and Brie Mushrooms
Crispy Buttery Garlic Roasted Mushrooms
Roast Head of Cauliflower in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Roasted Potatoes in Creamy Mushroom and Miso Sauce
Cheesy Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Balsamic Soy Roasted Garlic Mushrooms