Are you ready for baking for the holiday cookie season? I thought that I would start out my holiday cookie platter with these thick and chewy peanut butter cookies which are both a classic and a personal favourite! These peanut cookies are so easy to make! You just mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately, mix them together, form balls and bake for 10 minutes! All said and done they take less than 30 minutes to make! Pour yourself a glass of milk and put on some holiday music and relax while you wait for them to to come out of the oven! These thick and chewy peanut butter cookies are a crowd pleaser and they will disappear quickly so it's always a good idea to make a double batch!
Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Thick and chewy Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with crispy edges and soft, pillow-y, cookie-dough like centres!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter and mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix the mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of dough (optionally rolling it into a ball) and place it on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet (optionally pressing it down with a fork).
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven on the middle shelf until the bottoms are just lightly golden brown (the tops may look a little uncooked), about 8-12 minutes, before removing them from the oven and letting them sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
Note: I like to use an ice-cream scoop which I can just plop onto the baking sheet and I skip pressing it down with a fork.
Note: When you do not press the Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies down with a fork they remain nice and thick and the centres come out nice and chewy, almost like cookie dough!