Pimento and cheese is such a good flavour combo and it’s amazing in a creamy potato salad! This is a pretty basic potato salad with cooked diced potatoes mixed with shredded cheese, diced pimentos, crumbled bacon. The dressing is a creamy combination of mayonnaise and sour cream with vinegar for some tanginess and hot sauce for heat. I like to have a hint of onion which I include either grated or diced, in addition to sliced green onions! This potato salad is amazing while still warm from boiling the potatoes and it’s even better if you let it chill in the fridge overnight, which gives the flavours time to come out and mingle! If you are looking for an easy and tasty side for any meal, this pimento cheese potato salad fits the bill!
Bacon Pimento Cheese Potato Salad
A potato salad with pimento pepper, cheddar cheese and bacon in a creamy dressing!
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, diced (optionally peeled)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon buffalo hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pimentos, chopped and drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, grated
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, add a pinch of salt, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 8-10 minutes, before removing from water and letting them cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon and crumble.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix the potatoes, bacon, pimentos, cheese, onions and green onions, toss with the dressing and either enjoy right away or chill in the fridge overnight.