With summer here it’s past time to start dusting off those summer picnic and out doors recipes and staples include salads such as egg salads, pasta salads and potato salads. The classic potato salad includes tender potatoes in a tasty dressing with a usual one being a creamy mayonnaise based dressing. In addition to the potatoes and dressing you can add extra ingredients and flavours and this potato salad focuses on the flavours of dill pickles! Yum! This salad is filled out with diced hard boiled eggs, celery and of course dill pickles, which are amazing in the creamy mayo dressing! The dressing includes dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper along with juices from the dill pickle jar and fresh chopped dill! This dill pickle potato salad is a fabulously tasty potato salad that’s perfect for for picnics or any occasion this summer! Make it a day ahead and let the flavours mingle and come out in the fridge overnight!
Dill Pickle Potato Salad
A simple creamy and tangy dill pickle potato salad!
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, diced (optionally peeled)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (~1/2 lemon) or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dry dill)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, add a pinch of salt, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 8-10 minutes, before removing from water and letting them cool.
- Mix everything and enjoy or let sit, covered, in the fridge for an hour or overnight!