I am a big fan of dill pickles and they go amazingly well in a creamy salad, like this chicken salad! This is a pretty simple chicken salad with a base of cooked and shredded chicken with celery, onions and plenty of diced dill pickles, along with fresh chopped dill! The dressing is a tangy mayonnaise and sour cream based dressing with juice from the pickle jar and some dijon mustard for extra tang. This dill pickle chicken salad is fabulous all by itself and it’s great in sandwiches, wraps, rolls, etc.
Dill Pickle Chicken Salad
A creamy chicken salad with plenty of dill pickles!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1 cup dill pickle, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice (from jar)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the chicken, dill pickle, celery, red onion, green onion, and dill.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, pickle juice, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the salad and the dressing until coated and either enjoy right away or chill in the fridge for an hour to overnight
Option: Use any combination of mayonnaise, sour cream and/or greek yogurt totalling 1/2 cup.
Great recipe .
Thank you !