The chicken salad sandwich is a classic and during the summer I like to use grilled chicken rather than the more usual rotisserie chicken or poached chicken. Using the grilled chicken is perfect for summer and the grilling adds an amazing smokiness! For this Greek grilled chicken salad sandwich I start out with sliced Greek grilled chicken to which I add some common Greek salad ingredients like diced tomatoes, cucumber, onions, kalamata olives and feta! The dressing is a mayonnaise combined with Greek yogurt, along with a hit of lemon juice and parsley for a dose of summery bright freshness! I like to finish these sandwiches off with pickled red onions!
Greek Style Grilled Chicken Salad Sandwich
An easy and taste Greek style chicken salad sandwiches using frilled chicken!
- 1 pound Greek grilled chicken, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 buns or rolls, sliced (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions
For the Greek grilled chicken salad:
For the sandwiches:
- Mix everything and let site for 30+ minutes.
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!