Chicken salad never had it so good as in this lemon basil chicken caesar salad sandwich! I am a fan of chicken salads where chicken is servered in a light, usually mayo based, dressing along with extras and for a twist I enjoy using a caesar salad dressing as the dressing, especially when it’s a home made one! Since it’s summer I like to add some seasonal flavours like lemon and basil which add an amazingly light brightness to the dressing that just screams summer! These lemon basil chicken caesar salad sandwiches are the perfect summer lunch food whether for at home, at work, at a picnic or even on the beach!
Lemon Basil Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich
Prep Time:15 minutes Cook Time:10 minutes Total Time:25 minutes Servings: 4
Light and summer-y lemon basil chicken caesar salad sandwiches with juicy tomatoes and bacon!
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or milk
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded boneless and skinless
- 4 buns
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crispy
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
For the lemon basil caesar dressing:
For the lemon basil caesar chicken caesar salad:
For the lemon basil caesar chicken caesar salad snadwiches:
- Mix everything and enjoy!
- Mix the chicken with the 1/2 cup of the lemon basil caesar dressing.
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!