I have been seeing blintzes around the food blogging sphere for a while and I had been wanting to try them. From the recipes that I found blintzes are essentially a crepe wrapped around a cheese filling and covered with a sauce. I had been wanting to try making blueberry blintzes and this weekend the farmers market was full of the local blueberries. What better way to kick off blueberry season? After looking at a bunch of recipes I came up with this one. I used my standard crepe recipe and I went with a combination of cream cheese and cottage cheese for the cheese filling. I really like the combination of blueberries and maple syrup and I could not resist adding some maple syrup to the blueberry sauce. The blintzes took a bit of time to make but they were well worth it. The blueberry blintzes were so good! The warm cheese filling was a nice combination of sweet and tangy and it went well with the maple blueberry sauce. The blintzes were a perfect weekend breakfast.
- 4 crepes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place 1/4 cup of the cheese filling into a crepe an wrap it like a burrito.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the blintzes, seem side down, and cook until golden brown on top and bottom turning once.
- Serve the blintzes with blueberry sauce on top.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 4 ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Mix everything.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Mix the cornstarch into the water.
- Simmer everything in a sauce pan for 5 minutes.