Today’s recipe is for a creamy chipotle sweet potato vichyssoise which I guest posted on DairyGoodness.ca for their Anyday Magic Dinner Makeover event. Augusts makeover recipe was for a vichyssoise soup that is served chilled, which is perfect for cooling down on these hot summer days! I decided to spice things up a bit with some smoky chipotles chilies and you can find the recipe for the chipotle sweet potato vichyssoise here.
Chipotle Sweet Potato Vichyssoise
A creamy sweet potato vichyssoise served chilled on warm summer days with a smoky and fiery kick of chipotle chilies.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium leeks, well rinsed and sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups 10% half-and-half or 18% table cream
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, potatoes, onion and cumin, season with salt and pepper and saute until the leeks are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and chipotle chili, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor or stand blender until smooth.
- Mix in the cream and chill in the fridge until cold, about 4 hours or up to a day.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve chilled.
Creamy Brie Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Soup
Roasted Carrot and Tahini Soup with Pomegranate and Pistachios
Rosemary and Roasted Garlic White Bean Soup
Colcannon Soup (aka Irish Potato and Cabbage Soup with Bacon)
Asiago Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
Creamy Curried Coconut Carrot Soup
Caramelized Pear and Blue Cheese Soup
Thai Pumpkin Soup
Creamy Roasted Mushroom and Brie Soup
Cajun Sweet Potato Seafood Chowder
Creamy Maple Brie and Cheddar Apple Soup