With the weather cooling soups are back on the menu! Soups are one of my favourite dishes; they are often super easy to make and almost always good! There are so many different soups to make but sometimes we can get stuck in a rut making the same soups over and over again but they certainly do not have to be boring! If you’re thinking, “It’s October, not another plain old pumpkin soup…”, then change things up with this amazing creamy curried coconut carrot soup
It starts out with a base of carrots, onion, ginger and garlic moving onto a coconut milk broth and it’s seasoned with the perfect blend of spicy Thai red curry paste, sweet coconut sugar, salty fish sauce and sour lime juice! Everything is pureed until smooth and if the blending and coconut milk did not make it smooth enough for you, the addition of creamy tahini will! This curried coconut carrot soup is great as a light meal with a sandwich or salad, etc. and it’s also great as a side. You can easily make this soup a day or more ahead of time and reheat it so it’s a perfect, no effort, tasty, side dish for holiday dinners like Thanksgiving and Christmas!
For this creamy curried coconut carrot soup I used Grace Organic Coconut products which can be found in the international aisle of your local grocery store! If your grocery store doesn’t have an international aisle, then you can find it in the respective general sections.
Throw some Grace Coconut Chips on for a crunchy garnish!
Creamy Curried Coconut Carrot Soup
A tasty Thai curry carrot soup with coconut milk, ginger and creamy tahini!
- 1 tablespoon Grace Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (or oil)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (or 2 teaspoons curry powder)
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Grace Organic Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup tahini (or peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 tablespoons Grace Organic Coconut Sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high, add the onion and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic, ginger and curry paste and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the carrots, broth and coconut milk, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes, before pureeing (with a hand blender or in a blender or food processor).
- Return to heat, add the tahini, let it melt and season with fish sauce, sugar and lime juice to taste before enjoying!
Option: Add rice, lentils, chicken, etc. to make a hearty meal!
Note: Different curry pastes have different spicy heat levels so start with less and add more curry paste until you get it to the desired level of heat!
Thai Pumpkin Soup
Spicy Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Avocado Soup
Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
Carrot Soup with Dill Pesto
Caramelized Pear and Blue Cheese Soup
Roasted Apple and Aged White Cheddar Soup
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup with Goat Cheese
Roasted Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Soup
Roasted Tomato Soup
Chipotle Sweet Potato Vichyssoise
Creamy Maple Brie and Cheddar Apple Soup
Roasted Carrot and Tahini Soup with Pomegranate and Pistachios
Lemony Lentil Soup
Cold Cucumber Soup