Cucumbers are naturally crunchy, juicy and just full of water, perfect for hot summer days! How a about a cool and creamy cucumber soup? This cold cucumber soup is made without any cooking, simply by pureeing cucumbers, along with some extra ingredients for flavour, and chilling before enjoying! I like to go with some of my favourite cucumber flavour combos and I add lemon juice and dill with green onions and parsley on the side and yogurt to add a healthy creaminess to the soup. Once everything is pureed in a blender (and optionally strained) it sits in the fridge to chill and let the flavours mingle and come out. This creamy cold cucumber soup is amazingly refreshing for hot summer days!
Cold Cucumber Soup
A chilled cucumber soup with yogurt, lemon and dill!
- 2 large cucumbers, optionally peeled and diced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- salt to taste
- Puree everything in a blender along with enough water to get the desired consistency before letting chill in the fridge for at least an hour to over night.
Option: Strain the soup through a sieve for a smoother texture.
Spicy Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Avocado Soup
Creamy Dilled Cucumber Salad
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Soup
Roasted Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
Roasted Apple and Aged White Cheddar Soup
Creamy Roasted Asparagus and Brie Cauliflower Soup
Creamy Curried Coconut Carrot Soup
Creamy Maple Brie and Cheddar Apple Soup
Thai Pumpkin Soup
Creamy Brie Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Soup
Caramelized Pear and Blue Cheese Soup