With the weather cooling down a bit I was feeling like having a soup. I was not looking for a heavy soup and luckily zucchinis are still around. I had been meaning to try this zucchini soup recipe for a while now. One of the reason that I wanted to try this recipe was that I wanted the try the La Vache Qui Rit cheese. The soup was a really nice green colour until I added the cheese and pureed it. After the cheese was pureed into the soup it became a much paler green. The colour was a bit disappointing but the soup still tasted great. The cheese added a really nice creaminess. The La Vache Qui Rit cheese is a very creamy cheese that is so soft that it jiggles and wobbles.
Soupe a la Courgette (Zucchini Soup)
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 small zucchini (sliced)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 pinch cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Laughing Cow cheese (La Vache Qui Rit or 1 tablespoon cream cheese)
- Place everything except the cheese into a pot, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese and puree.