Are you ready for another side dish recipe? How about these tasty creamy asiago bacon wrapped roasted onions?!? Onions are one of those ingredients that I can overlook; it’s a staple in many recipes but I can sometimes forget that the onion can be the star of the show! In this recipe the onions are simply cut in half, wrapped in bacon and roasted in a creamy asiago sauce until they are nice and melt in your mouth tender and oh so creamy and good! You then sprinkle on some asiago cheese and let it melt, both onto the onions and into the sauce. As simple as the sauce is with just broth and cream, once you add the juices from the onions and bacon and you roast it so that it reduces and concentrates its flavour it becomes so irresistibly good! The, you’ll be licking your plate clean, kind of good! These creamy asiago bacon wrapped roasted onions are sure to be the star of your next meal!
An onion gratin never had it so good!
Creamy Asiago Bacon Wrapped Roasted Onions
Tender slow roasted bacon wrapped onions in a tasty creamy asiago sauce!
- 4/8 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef broth (or mushroom broth)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of asiago cheese (or parmesan), grated
- Pre-cook the bacon until until it’s starting to get cooked but it’s still soft and pliable and set aside on paper towels to cool.
- Wrap the onion halves with the bacon, optionally pinning it on with toothpicks, and place them in a baking dish before drizzling them with oil and seasoning with thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture of the broth, cream and worcestershire around the onions and roast in a preheated 375F/190C oven until the onions are nice and tender, about 30-45 minutes depending on how thick they are. (You may need to cover with foil if the edges of the bacon start to get too dark to prevent burning.)
- Sprinkle the cheese on and bake until it has melted, just a few minutes.
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Gratin
Potatoes au Gratin
Hot Sweet Onions Dip
Herb Roasted Onions
Brussels Sprouts with Smoked Bacon, Mustard Cream and a Parmesan Crust
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken
Bacon Wrapped, Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Bacon Wrapped Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Balsamic Drizzle and Basil
Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Burgers
Apricot Glazed Bacon Wrapped Cajun Pork Tenderloin
Asiago Roasted Onions