Crumbles, crisps and cobblers are some of my favorite desserts. They are really tasty and they are so easy to make; just place the fruit and/or berries in a baking dish, top with a simple crust and bake. This time I decided to try a pear crumble with cranberries for some tartness. I decided to go with my favorite topping, a rolled oats and brown sugar topping. Of course, a scoop of vanilla ice cream is always a welcome addition.
Pear and Cranberry Crumble
- 4 cups pears (peeled, cored, sliced)
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen or dried soaked in warm water)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- Toss the pears and cranberries with the lemon juice, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Mix the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Place the pear and cranberry mixture into an 8×8 inch baking dish and pour the topping on.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until it is bubbling and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.