Pistachios are one of my favourite foods! They are so nice and creamy and they taste great so it’s always fun to use them in recipes like this pistachio and feta dip. This dip was inspired by the Greek htipiti, a roasted red pepper and feta dip where everything is pureed until smooth This recipe starts out by pureeing pistachios in a food processor along with some oil until smooth, aka a pistachio butter (like peanut butter) and then you add the feta, along with seasonings like fresh herbs garlic and lemon. This pistachio and feta dip is do easy to make and it’s light, fresh and bright! Perfect to dip pitas or crackers into!
Pistachio and Feta Dip
Creamy pistachio and feta dip with plenty of fresh herbs!
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, grated (or minced)
- 1/4 cup dill, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Puree the pistachios and oil in a food processor until relatively smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Puree everything in a food until relatively smooth before enjoying!
Tip: Enjoy as a dip with toasted pitas or crackers or as a spread in sandwiches.
Roasted garlic makes this even more delicious.
Mary Travis says
Use raw or roasted pistachios?
I like raw better but both will work. Enjoy!
Salted or non salted pistachio?
I like unsalted is better as feta already has a lot of salt. Enjoy!