I always enjoy plenty of pumpkin recipes this time of the year and these pumpkin blondies are a great way to do so! They are basically blondies (aka brownies without the cocoa/chocolate) with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice mixed in! Pretty much pumpkin pie in bar form! I really like the pumpkin and white chocolate flavour combo and so I add white chocolate chips but chocolate chips or even caramels are also amazing in these bars. Another nice flavour for these pumpkin pie bars is adding chopped pecans and/or dried cranberries! Yum! No matter what flavours you add to these bars, you really can’t go wrong; they are a perfect fall snack!
Quick and easy pumpkin pie bars (aka blondies) with white chocolate chips!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups white chocolate chips*
- Cream the butter and sugar before mixing in the vanilla, followed by the egg and the pumpkin puree.
- Mix the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, followed by the white chocolate chips and pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
Option: Replace some or all of the chocolate chips with chopped pecans!
Option: Replace some or all of the chocolate chips with dried cranberries!
Option: Replace some or all of the chocolate chips with caramel chewies!
Option: Replace the pumpkin pie spice with: 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon cloves.