It looks like this will be the last of the ramp posts for this year and it is a tasty one! This omelette was inspired by the ramp pesto omelette with asparagus and goat cheese but I was out of the pesto so I simplified things a bit and just used the ramps. I wanted to saute the white parts of the ramps and since I was going to be doing that I figured that I would start with some bacon and then saute the ramps in the grease. (Bacon was on sale recently, I swear!) However I did not want to saute the greens so I mixed them into the eggs along with some salt and pepper. I almost alway have some asparagus in the house these days and I still had some goat cheese left over so I finished off my omelet with them. This omelette was a great way to say goodbye to the ramps, well, the ones that I did not pickle that is.
Ramp and Bacon Omelette with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
An spring omelette with ramps, asparagus, bacon and goat cheese.
- 1 slice of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 ramps, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 spears asparagus, cleaned, trimmed and blanched
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the white parts of the ramps and slice the green parts thinly.
- Add the white parts of the ramps to the pan and saute for a minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper and pour them into the pan and top with the greens of the ramps, the asparagus and the goat cheese.
- Cook without disturbing until the eggs have set, about 2-4 minutes.
- Slide the omelette out of the pan and enjoy.
is it possible to use scallions instead of ramps? We don't have ramps here? (((
thank you for the recipies
Anonymous: If not exactly the same, scallions and a bit of garlic would be good!
Maris (In Good Taste) says
This is one beautiful onelette!
Nisrine Merzouki says
Lovely, lovely omelette, Kevin. I would seriously eat this everyday without getting tored. I love omelettes especially when they have as many good ingredients as in this one.
Rosa's Yummy Yums says
a fabulous omelet!
Sinful Sundays says
Geez, that is one pretty omelet. I've been eating goat cheese on my omelets recently and they are delicious! I'm going to have to try this recipe soon!
you PICKLED ramps? Genius.
This looks like such a delicious omelet!
Food Glorious Food! says
Another great recipe with ramps! Yumm
I just discovered your blog today!
I'm really glad I did..you are doing a great job here Kevin