With all of the great
that I have been enjoying lately, I just had to try one with my favorite spinach and feta flavour combo. I was first introduced to the spinach and feta flavour combo in
, a Greek spinach and feta pie, and I have been reinventing that flavour combo in different dishes ever since. Now it was time for an omelet version! I stuck pretty much with the basics from the spanakopita filling with the spinach, feta and fresh herbs including parsley, dill and mint along with some green onions. This time when cooking the omelette, I poured the eggs into the pan first and let them partially set before sprinkling on the spinach topping so that it would not all sink to the bottom. The spinach and feta omelette worked out even better than I had hoped for and it will definitely be on my regular rotation from now on. It is such a quick and tasty breakfast and as an added bonus it is pretty healthy as well.
Spinach and Feta Omelette
- 1 bunch spinach (steamed and squeezed to drain)
- 1 handful herbs (chopped, I used mint, dill and parsley)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 1 handful feta (crumbled)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- Mix the spinach, herbs, green onions, feta, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and let cook with out disturbing it until it begins to set, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the spinach mixture and the feta and continue to cook until the eggs are done, about 1-2 minutes.
- Slide the omelette out onto a plate and garnish it with more herbs and enjoy.