The other week I made the asparagus, morel and ramp quiche with a brown rice crust and as I was running out of it I thought that a simple scrambled egg version would also be nice. I knew that the ramps and morel mushrooms would be disappearing quickly and I wanted to enjoy them as much as I could before they were gone. Luckily last weekend I was able to find all of the ingredients at the farmers market and I have been enjoying scrambled eggs with wild leeks, asparagus and morel mushrooms for breakfasts this week. One of the things that I like about scrambled eggs is that you can add pretty much any flavours to them and the ramps and morel mushrooms certainly added a ton of flavour to these scrambled eggs. Another thing that I like about scrambled eggs is that they are really easy to make and they don’t take much time. You can easily have a hot fresh cooked breakfast on a workday morning if it is scrambled eggs.
Scrambled Eggs with Ramps, Asparagus and Morel Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 ramps (cleaned, trimmed and chopped)
- 8 asparagus spears (cleaned, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 1 handful morel mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the ramps and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and mushrooms and saute until the asparagus is tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir the eggs until they are cooked, about 1-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Asparagus, Morel and Ramp Quiche with Brown Rice Crust
Creamy Asparagus Soup with Morel Mushrooms and Ramps
Garlic Scape Pesto Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus and Mushrooms
Scrambled Eggs with Sundried Tomato and Parmigiano Reggiano
Asparagus, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Egg Breakfast Casserole
Morel Mushroom and Asparagus Eggs Benedict