Sometimes you just don’t have the time of the energy to make dinner but you still want something tasty. It is at times like these that I like a quick pasta such as a carbonara pasta, which is super tasty and can be made in less than 20 minutes!. The carbonara sauce comes together easily and in less time than it takes to boil the pasta. A typical carbonara sauce consists of eggs, parmigiano reggiano, pancetta and black pepper. One of the reasons that I like carbonara is that you can play around with it by adding different things like shrimp which is amazing in carbonara pasta! This shrimp carbonara is the perfect quick and easy dinner that is just as good for a busy weeknight meal for the family or for something special to impress guests!
A quick, easy and tasty succulent shrimp pasta dish in a creamy egg, bacon and black pepper sauce!
- 8 ounces linguine
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano or parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on the package.
- Cook the bacon in a pan, pour off all but a tablespoon of the grease from the pan.
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan, saute until just cooked, about 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Mix the egg, cheese, pepper and salt and parsley in a bowl.
- Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the water.
- Add the pasta and the egg mixture to the pan along with enough of the pasta water to make a nice sauce, toss to coat and season with pepper to taste.
Option: Use 2 egg yolks and 1/3 cup heavy cream instead of 2 full eggs.
Option: Serve on your favourite pasta such as linguine, spaghetti, fettuccine, angel hair, bow tie (farfalle), rigatoni, bucatini, or rice, etc.
Copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Fiddlehead Shrimp Scampi
Pasta alla Carbonara
Butternut Squash Carbonara
Bolognese Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Shrimp Linguine in a Tomato and Feta Sauce
Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Carbonara
Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Carbonara
Spinach Pesto, Feta and Shrimp Tortellini