Sometimes you just don’t have the time of the energy to make dinner but you still want something tasty. It is at times like these that I like a quick pasta such as a carbonara pasta. The carbonara sauce comes together easily and in less time than it takes to boil the pasta. A typical carbonara sauce consists of egg yolks, parmigiano reggiano, pancetta and black pepper. One of the reasons that I like carbonara is that you can play around with it by adding different things. Shrimp is one of my favorite foods and I had been wanting to try a shrimp carbonara for a while. The shrimp carbonara did not disappoint; It was nice and light and tasty and the succulent shrimp worked well in the carbonara pasta. It was a super quick dish that did not compromise in flavour.
- 2 ounces linguine (gluten free for gluten free)
- 4 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1/4 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- Start cooking the pasta.
- Fry the bacon in a pan and set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan but reserving about 1 tablespoons worth.
- Add the shrimp, garlic and pepper and saute until just cooked.
- Mix the egg yolk, heavy cream and parmigiano reggiano in a bowl.
- Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the water.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss.
- Remove the pan from the heat and wait for the sizzling to stop.
- Add the egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Add a bit of the pasta water and toss to mix and coat.
Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Fiddlehead Shrimp Scampi
Pasta alla Carbonara
Butternut Squash Carbonara
Bolognese Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Shrimp Linguine in a Tomato and Feta Sauce
Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Carbonara
Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Carbonara
Spinach Pesto, Feta and Shrimp Tortellini