Shrimp scampi and New Orleans BBQ shrimp are two really amazing dishes and I could not help but think that they would be great together! Both recipes are pretty similar, shrimp in a tasty butter and garlic sauce with one adding lemon and the other adding hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the mix, so it’s pretty easy to combine them. This dish is really easy to make and it takes less to cook it than it takes for the pasta! The sauce is so good that you’ll want to make sure that you get every last drop, so serve it along with some crusty bread to soak it all up!
Cajun BBQ Shrimp Scampi Linguine
Shrimp and linguine in a lemon, butter, garlic BBQ sauce! (A cross between shrimp scampi and New Orleans BBQ shrimp!)
- 8 ounces linguine (or other pasta) (gluten free for gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (16-24), shelled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or white wine or beer)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Franks Red Hot, or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat until frothing, add the shrimp, seasoned with the cajun seasoning, cook for 2 minutes, flip, add the garlic cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and lemon juice and bring to a boil before shutting off the heat and mixing in the butter and parsley.
- Toss the shrimp and sauce with the pasta and enjoy along with some optional bread for soaking up any extra sauce!