Shrimp Scampi is one of my favourite meals! You really just can’t go wrong with shrimp in a butter and garlic sauce and it’s so quick and easy to make! Usually it’s served over pasta but it’s also great in pizza form! You basically cook some shrimp in butter along with garlic and spread it over pizza dough before covering in cheese and baking until the cheese is melted and everything is nice and golden brown and oh, so good! I like to serve shrimp scampi pizza topped with fresh chopped parsley and wedges of lemon to squeeze juice onto it just before serving!
Shrimp Scampi Pizza
A quick, easy and divinely tasty shrimp pizza in a garlic butter sauce!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the garlic, red pepper flakes and shrimp and cook until the shrimp is just cooked through, about a minute per side, before adding the lemon juice and removing from the heat.
- Spread the dough out on a baking sheet, spread the shrimp and the lemon butter-garlic sauce over and sprinkling on the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 500F/260C oven until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and let cool.
Shrimp Scampi Dip
Pizza with Grilled Chicken, Roasted Red Peppers, and Asiago Cheese
Loaded Baked Potato Broccoli Crust Pizza
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza with Feta and Balsamic Glaze
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
Thai Chicken Pizza with Sweet Chili Sauce
Balsamic Strawberry and Chicken Pizza with Sweet Onions and Smoked Bacon
Thai Chicken Pizza with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Roasted Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Pizza with Gorgonzola and Crispy Fried Sage
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Deep Dish Pizza