Ever since I first made the cauliflower pizza crust I have enjoyed experimenting with different vegetable based pizza crusts and up next I have a broccoli pizza crust! This pizza crust is made from grated broccoli that is cooked, squeezed dry and mixed with cheese and an egg as binders and baked until golden brown before being topped with your favourite pizza toppings and baked until the cheese is nice and bubbling and good! With the broccoli in the pizza crust I could not help but think of a loaded baked potato, which always benefits from the addition of broccoli, with a sour cream ‘pizza sauce’, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions! This broccoli pizza crust is just as amazing as the cauliflower version and if you like the colour green then this pizza is for you especially when loaded up with the baked potato flavours!
Loaded Baked Potato Broccoli Crust Pizza
All of the flavours of a loaded baked potato in a pizza with a broccoli and cheddar crust!
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 broccoli pizza crust, pre-baked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 medium sized red potatoes, sliced thinly ~1/8 to 1/4 inch
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- Cook the bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile blanch the potatoes in boiling water until just tender, about 1-2 minutes, before patting dry with paper towels.
- Spread the sour cream over the pizza crust, top with the cheese, bacon and potatoes and bake in a preheated 450F/230C oven until the cheese is bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Top with the green onions, slice and enjoy!
Broccoli Pizza Crust
A tasty, healthy and crispy broccoli crust perfect for pizzas!
- 4 cups broccoli, riced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano or italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Microwave the riced broccoli on high for 5 minutes, let cool, place it in a tea towel and squeeze as much moisture out as you can.
- Mix the broccoli, egg, cheddar, parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper, press the mixture onto a baking mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 450F/230C oven until lightly golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add your toppings and return to the oven and bake until the cheese is bubbling and lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Loaded Hasselback Potatoes
Loaded Baked Potato Potato Salad
Loaded Baked Potato Cauliflower Salad
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
Loaded Smashed Potatoes
Loaded Potato Skins
Cauliflower Pizza Crust (with BBQ Chicken Pizza)
Zucchini Pizza Crust (with Chipotle BBQ Bacon and Grilled Corn Pizza)
Pizza Quesadillas (aka Pizzadillas)
No Crust Pizzas
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potatoes
Crispy Tortilla Skillet Pizza
Shrimp Scampi Pizza
This looks sooo good! I love the idea of the broccoli crust and your toppings like divine.
It looks so good ! It sounds so easy to make …. let's see how I can mess it up lol …
Cindy Long says
Are you using a box grater for grating? Do you include the more tender part of stem too? Can't wait to try this.