For my next football snack I was thinking that potato skins would be nice. I have had potato skins a few times before and I had enjoyed them and now I wanted to try making them myself. Potato skins are the skins of potatoes where the middles have been scooped out that are baked with a filling. Though you can fill the potato skins with whatever you want the most common filling seems to be cheese and bacon often accompanied by some sour cream. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with cheese and bacon so that is what I went with. Potato skins are pretty easy to make though they require a some time to bake the potato. You could speed things up a bit by cooking the potato in the microwave instead of baking it before scooping out the middle. The potato skins with cheddar cheese and bacon turned out great! The skins were a little crispy along the edges and soft and warm in the middle. The cool sour cream went well with the warm potato skins and their flavourful filling. Another perfect snack for game day.
- 4 baking potatoes (such as russet, scrubbed clean)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender, about an hour.
- Let the potatoes cool and cut in half and scoop out the middle. (Reserve the scooped potato for another use.)
- Brush the potato skins all over with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 450F/230C over for 10 minutes on each side.
- Season the inside of the potato skins with salt and pepper and fill with the cheese and bacon.
- Broil until the cheese has melted, just a few minutes.
- Serve while still warm from the oven along with some sour cream and green onions.
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
Twice Baked Sweet Potato Potato Skins with Pecan Streusel (aka Individual Sweet Potato Casserole)
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Loaded Smashed Potatoes
Loaded Cauliflower Salad
Loaded Baked Potato Broccoli Crust Pizza
Cheesy Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potatoes