Pizza night has never been easier or better than with this super easy homemade pizza dough! You pretty much just mix the few simple ingredients, knead it for a few minutes, let it rise, spread it out and you are good to top it with your favourite pizza toppings before baking it to pizza perfection! Since it does require some rise time you need to plan ahead a bit but you can also let it rise in the fridge for 24 hours so it’s ready to go when you are! Once you have the dough all loaded up with toppings it only takes 10-15 minutes in the oven to bake, making for one really quick and easy pizza dinner!
Throw some pizza sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni on and you’re good to go!
A super easy and tasty homemade pizza dough that is perfect for pizza night!
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix the water, honey and yeast and let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes, before mixing in the oil, flour and salt until it forms a ball.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until it is smooth and elastic, adding enough flour to prevent it from sticking, about 5 minutes.
- Oil a large bowl, place the dough in it, cover it and let it rise to doubles in size, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Form or roll the dough into the desired shape, place on an oiled baking sheet, top with your favourite toppings and bake in a preheated 500F/260C oven until the edges of the dough are golden grown, about 10-15 minutes.
Option: After kneading the dough, place it in the covered oiled container and let it rise in the fridge for 24 hours before pulling it out 10 minutes before using it to let it warm up.
Option: Place the dough in the freezer to use later. Thaw it out in the fridge, let it rise at rom temperature, spread it out, top it and bake it
Option: Brush the edges of the dough with garlic butter for a tasty crust!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza with Feta and Balsamic Glaze
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Thai Peanut Chicken Pizza
Sweet Chili Chicken Pizza
Roasted Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Pizza with Gorgonzola and Crispy Fried Sage
Balsamic Strawberry and Chicken Pizza with Sweet Onions and Smoked Bacon
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Curried Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza with Caramelized Onions and Gorgonzola
Granny Smith Apple and Gorgonzola Pizza
Kimchi, Bacon and Shiitake Mushroom Pizza
Apple Pie Pizza
Pizza with Grilled Chicken, Roasted Red Peppers, and Asiago Cheese
Stuffed Crust Pizza Dip
Corned Beef and Cabbage Pizza
Shrimp Scampi Pizza