If you are looking for a special dinner for two you really cannot go wrong with shrimp scampi and I figured that it was the perfect time to update my old recipe! Shrimp scampi is a really simple pasta dish consisting of shrimp sauteed in a buttery, garlic, white wine and lemon sauce that is just to die for! Although this recipe is super quick and easy it is perfect for entertaining or for special dinners for two in addition to being a great weeknight meal. Really it takes more time to cook the pasta than it does to make the shrimp and sauce so dinner is on the table in less than 20 minutes! I like to hit the scampi up with some red pepper flakes for a touch of heat along with some lemon zest and parsley for garnish. No matter how you cut it, this dish is sure to impress and they will never know how easy it was to make!
(When I am serving shrimp scampi I normally remove the tails first.)
Shrimp scampi is also great with parmesan!
The original photo:
Succulent sauteed shrimp in a buttery garlic and lemon with white wine sauce that is surprisingly quick and easy to make.
- 8 ounces linguine (or other pasta) (gluten free for gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (16-24), shelled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine (or broth)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (~1 lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat until frothing, add the shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, flip, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 more minute before transferring to a large bowl.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan, deglaze it, simmer for a minute and remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley and lemon zest before tossing with the shrimp and pasta.
Option: Instead of wine use chicken broth or shrimp broth.
Option: Make it a creamy sauce by adding 1/4 cup heavy/whipping cream!
Option: Melt 1/4 cup parmesan into the sauce!
Option: Serve on your favourite pasta such as linguine, spaghetti, fettuccine, angel hair, bow tie (Farfalle), or rice, etc.
Option: Serve topped with parmesan!
Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
Shrimp Scampi Dip
Shrimp Linguine in a Tomato and White Wine Sauce
Shrimp Linguine in a Tomato and Feta Sauce (aka Shrimp Saganaki Linguine)
Thai Lemon Shrimp
Shrimp Scampi Pizza
Fiddlehead Shrimp Scampi
Garlic Scape Shrimp Scampi
Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Chargrilled Oyster Pasta
Cajun Shrimp Cauliflower Alfredo Linguini
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Cilantro Lime Skillet Chicken
Spinach Pesto, Feta and Shrimp Tortellini
Creamy Cajun Tomato and Garlic Shrimp Pasta