I’m a big fan of quesadillas, I mean whats not to like about gooey melted cheese sandwiched between crispy tortillas, so when I came across the idea of a dessert quesadilla, a cheesecake quesadilla (aka a cheesecakedilla) none the less, I knew that I would have to make them! These cheesecake quesadillas are pretty much just cream cheese sandwiched between tortillas that are toasted until the tortilla are nice and crispy and the cream cheese filling is perfectly melted before sprinkling on some cinnamon sugar. I have to say that these cheesecakedillas are amazing, they taste just like cheesecake and they are so much easier to make! The recipe as written is for a basic cheesecakedilla and from there you can add fruit or berries, nuts or whatever your heart desires and you can also top them with or dip them into syrups, sauces, etc. Since strawberries are in season I topped these ones with a fresh homemade strawberry sauce and they were simply divine! I may never have thought to make a dessert style quesadilla but now that I have tried them I will definitely be making them very often!
Long live the cheesecakedilla!
Just look at all of that ooey gooey melted cream cheese spilling out!
I absolutely smothered these ones in strawberry sauce!
What a perfect dusting of cinnamon sugar!
Warm melted cream cheese sandwiched between crispy tortillas dusted in cinnamon and sugar, aka cheesecake in quesadilla form!
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 inch) tortillas
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- strawberry sauce to taste
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth, spread it on one tortilla and top with the other.
- Spread the butter on the outside of the tortillas, place in a pan and cook over medium heat until lightly golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side, before sprinkling the mixture of the sugar and cinnamon on top, slicing and enjoying.