I was intrigued by this recipe for Zha Jiang Mian. I searched the internet and took a look at a few other recipes for the dish and came up with a this one. This recipe seems to be fairly similar to Mabo Tofu. (Which I will have to make again sometime soon.) The sauce was a nice mixture of sweet, hot and spicy. I used spaghetti noodles this time but next time I might try udon noodles.
Zha Jiang Mian on Spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons hoisen sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili and garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoons hsiao xing
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 serving noodles (cooked) (gluten free for gluten free)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add pork and break it up.
- Add hoisen sauce, hsiao xing, black bean sauce, chili sauce and honey.
- Finish browning the pork.
- Add the green onions and remove from heat.
- Place the sauce on the noodles and add toppings.
Beef and Peppers in Black Bean Sauce
Beef and Asparagus Stir-fry
Beef and Garlic Scape Stir-fry
Spicy Mongolian Beef
Grilled Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich
Green Beans with Sichuan Pork
Brussels Sprouts in Black Bean Sauce
Kung Pao Chicken
Dan Dan Mian (Noodles in Spicy Chinese Peanut Pork Sauce)
Dandan Noodles (Tantanmen Ramen)
Sichuan Poached Beef (Shuizhu)