It's been a while since I shared a sweet breakfast recipe and boy do I have a nice one for you today, a sesame chia banana bread with honey and tahini! I am a big fan of freshly baked bread! So much so that I far too often devour the entire loaf while it's still warm from the oven, so I only make my own breads infrequently... Quick breads, like this one, are among my favourites because they are so easy to make. You literally just mix the ingredients, pour them into a loaf pan and bake. This quick bread starts with a base of a banana bread that uses honey and tahini to sweeten and to help keep the bread nice and moist. In addition to the flour I like to add some rolled oats for the extra, flavour and fibre. This bread is finished off with sesame seeds and chia seeds for the crunchy texture and to add all of the beneficial nutrients of both! This sesame chia banana bread with honey and tahini is so easy to make and so good that you'll be making it all week long!
Sesame Chia Banana Bread with Honey and Tahini
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes Servings: 10
A moist, tasty and healthy banana bread with tahini, honey, sesame seeds and chia seeds!
- 1 cup (about 3) very/over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Mix the bananas, honey, tahini, eggs and milk, followed by the mixture of the flour, oats, baking soda and salt, followed by the seeds.
- Pout the batter into a grease loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top is lightly golden brown and a toothpick pushed into the centre comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
Option: Use a mixture of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour.
Option: Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Option: Replace the tahini with peanut butter.
Option: Use almond milk or other milk substitute.
Note: If the top starts getting too dark before the centre is done, cover with foil.