A while ago I came across a recipe for
that sounded really interesting. I like amaretto but I had never even thought about using it in a non-sweet dish like with seafood. After a bit of searching I came across this recipe for
almond shrimp with amaretto butter
. I really liked the sound of the browned butter and almond sauce on shrimp and I just had to try it. This dish came together in almost no time at all. The amaretto shrimp was so good! I was a bit worried that the dish might be too sweet but it was nicely balanced and quite tasty. The slivered almonds added a nice contrasting texture and some extra almond flavour. I served the amaretto shrimp on some coconut jasmine rice to soak up all of the buttered amaretto sauce. I can’t wait to make this again.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook until golden brown.
- Add the onion and saute until they just start to brown.
- Add the shrimp and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the amaretto, almonds and salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.