Looking for one last recipe idea for St Patrick’s Day? I’ve got a great one for you! Bacon and cheese corned beef burgers with guinness caramelized onions and a fried egg! Instead of throwing all of your corned beef into the pot or slow cooker today, set some of it aside to grind up in your food processor and use it to make some really tasty burgers! Now you could easily go with the standard reuben sandwich flavours for corned beef burgers but this is my favourite way to dress them up, with bacon, cheese and Guinness caramelized onions along with a fried egg; because everything is better with a runny egg yolk! These bacon and cheese corned beef burgers with guinness caramelized onions and a fried eggs are now my new number one burger! Yum!
Got to have that amazing runny egg yolk!
Bacon and Cheese Corned Beef Burger with Guinness Caramelized Onions and a Fried Egg
Prep Time:5 minutes Cook Time:1 hour 10 minutes Total Time:1 hour 15 minutes Servings: 4
Tasty corned beef burgers topped with Guinness caramelized onions and melted cheese along with bacon and a fried egg!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup Guinness (or beef broth)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds corned beef, ground in food processor
- 4 slices white cheddar (or swiss) cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 buns
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup Guinness , cover and simmer until the liquid has mostly evaporated, about 15 minutes and repeat three more times.
- Remove from heat and mix in the Worcestershire sauce and grainy mustard.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a pan and set it aside on paper towels to drain.
- Form the ground corned beef into 4 patties and grill or pan fry over medium hight heat until cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side, topping with the cheese.
- Fry the eggs, assemble the burgers and enjoy!