When I think about burgers I usually think about beef, or maybe lamb, chicken or turkey but salmon is another great choice! It’s super easy to make salmon burgers with fresh salmon, especially when you start with a fillet with the bone and skin already removed. You can either finely dice it with a knife of coarsely chop it and give it a few pulses in a food processor and it’s ready to be formed into patties. You can do a lot of different things as far as flavour goes and these are one of my favourites with chipotle chilies in adobo, cilantro and lime! Once you have the salmon ready and the flavours added you simply add some breadcrumbs to help hold things together, form into patties and grill! If the weather is nice out you can cook them outdoors on the grill or pan fry or broil them on the stove/in the oven. I like to top these chipotle salmon burgers with fresh homemade guacamole and a hit of sriracha mayo but you can use your favourite toppings. For a lighter option you could also go bun-less or use lettuce leaf ‘buns’. Any way you make them, salmon burgers are an amazing option to change up your regular old burgers.
Chipotle Salmon Burgers with Guacamole
Fresh homemade chipotle salmon burgers grilled to perfection and topped with cool and creamy guacamole!
- 1 1/4 pounds raw salmon, skin and bones removed, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chipotles chilies in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 cup guacamole
- 4 buns (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- Mix the salmon, chipotle chili in adobo sauce, onion, green onion, cilantro, lime zest, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs, divide into 4 equal portions and form into patties approximately 1 inch thick.
- Grill (or pan fry) over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Assemble the burgers and enjoy!
Option: Pulse the salmon in a food processor a few times instead of dicing as finely.
Option: Cook under the broiler instead of grilling or pan frying.
Option: Serve in buns with favourite burger toppings!
Option: Top with chipotle mayo or sriracha mayo!
Avocado Chicken Burgers
Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Burgers
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
Sundried Tomato Caprese Turkey Burgers with Balsamic Caramelized Onions
Korean BBQ Chicken Burgers with Grilled Pineapple and Gochujang BBQ Sauce
Spinach and Feta Chicken Burgers (aka Spanakopita Burgers) with Grilled Halloumi, Roasted Red Peppers and a Spinach and Feta Sauce
Green Goddess Zucchini Turkey Burger
Bacon and Cheese Corned Beef Burgers with Guinness Caramelized Onions and a Fried Egg
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Mushroom and Eggplant Veggie Burgers
Cilantro and Lime Salmon
Blackened Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Chipotle Lime Salmon