I am always on the lookout for quick and tasty meals and when I came across this recipe for caramel apple pork chops I bookmarked it immediatly! Yep, you heard me right, this is pork chops covered in a simple caramel sauce and apples. It’s always nice when you can combine a dessert ingredient like caramel into your main course. Pork and apples are a great combination and apples and caramel are a great combination so why not mix the two up? This dish is as simple as cooking the pork chops followed by simmering the apples in the caramel sauce and you have a really tasty meal in almost no time at all. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the pork, apple and caramel sauce combination worked for a main course and I will definitely be making this again and again! Don’t be afraid to ask for another caramel cover pork chop for dessert! 🙂
Caramel Apple Pork Chops
- 4 (3/4 inch thick) pork chops
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tart apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1/4 cup pecans (chopped, optional)
- Brush the pork chops with oil, cook them in a pan until done, about 3-5 minutes per side and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add the sugar mixture and the apples slices to the pan with the butter and cook until the apples are tender.
- Set the apples aside and simmer the sauce to reduce so that it thickens a bit.
- Serve the pork chops topped with the apples, drizzled with the caramel sauce and garnished with the pecans.