I am a big fan of salsas, especially fruit based salsas, and todays recipe is the one that I am currently crushing on, a citrus salsa with oranges, grapefruit and limes! This salsa is a pretty simple one containing jalapenos, red onions and cilantro in addition to the citrus fruits and despite the fact that you have to peel and remove all of the skins and membranes from the individual slices it really does not take all that much time or effort. The easiest way to prepare the citrus fruit is to supreme it and you do this by cutting the top and bottom from the fruit, setting it on the table, running a knife down the sides to remove the skin and then running a knife down the sides of the membrane that separates the sections to remove the slices of fruit. All said and done, you can have this salsa on the table in about 10 minutes! I really enjoy how bright and fresh this salsa is! It’s great with tortilla chips for dipping and it brightens up anything that you serve it with or on! It’s like pure summer in a bowl!
A fresh, sweet and tangy citrus salsa!
- 2 large oranges, supremed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 large grapefruits, supremed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
- Mix everything, season with salt to taste and enjoy!