Cranberry relish is one of my favourite holiday sides and another great way to enjoy some fresh cranberries is in a salsa! This cranberry salsa is so easy to make! You simply pulse cranberries (fresh or frozen) in a food processor along with onions, jalapeno, lime and cilantro! The only thing is that cranberries are a little on the tart side and limes, jalapenos and onions only add to it so you need something sweet, like sugar or honey to balance it out. Tortilla chips are perfect for dipping into this salsa all by itself but it also pairs nicely with a creamy brick of cream cheese which goes so well with the tart and spicy salsa! If you are looking for a festive treat this holiday season, you can;t go wrong with this taste cranberry salsa!
A fresh cranberry salsa with jalapenos and lime; perfect for holiday dipping!
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced (or sliced green onions)
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed and diced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2+ tablespoons sugar or honey (or to taste)
- Pulse the cranberries, jalapeno, onions, cilantro and lime juice and zest until it forms small pieces.
- Mix in enough sugar to balance the tartness.
Option: Serve with softened cream cheese!