First up for my new snacking recipes for the Big Game (the NFL football playoffs) are these tasty little crispy parmesan cauliflower bites; aka crispy cauliflower popcorn! I had been seeing this recipe all over pinterest for a long time with the source being Damn Delicious and I had just been itching to try it. The recipe is super simple, you just cut the cauliflower into florets, dip them in egg followed by a mixture of panko breadcrumbs, parmesan and creole seasoning before frying them until golden brown and crispy. Normally I do not do a lot of deep frying but since I was frying a healthy vegetable I figured it would even out, though I am sure that you could also bake them if you wanted to. I have to say that these crispy parmesan cauliflower bites are amazingly good, super addictive, my new favourite snack and perfect for the Big Game!
As you can see by the various different photos I have already made this crispy cauliflower popcorn a few times and I will continue to make it many more times!
Say goodbye microwave popcorn, there is a new king in town!
These crispy parmesan cauliflower bites are amazing all by themselves but you can also dip them in sauces like ranch dressing, etc.
Crispy Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
Crispy bite sized pieces of tender cauliflower coated in a panko and parmesan crust seasoned with a creole/cajun spice mix that is so addictive that you will never reach for that bag of microwave popcorn again!
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 1/2 cup flour (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- oil for frying
- Working in batches dredge the cauliflower florets in the flour, dip into the eggs, and coat in the mixture of the breadcrumbs, parmesan and creole seasoning before frying them in oil heated to medium-high (~350F/180C) until golden brown and setting them aside on paper towels to drain.
- Enjoy warm by itself or with your favourite dipping sauce.
Crispy Honey Lemon Cauliflower on Chili and Garlic Stir Fried Zoodles
Roasted Cauliflower Buffalo ‘Chicken Wings’
Roasted Cauliflower ‘Chicken Satay Wings’ with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Crispy Baked Avocado Fries
Crispy Baked Onion Rings
Cheesy Buffalo Mushroom Poppers
Sticky Honey Sriracha Chicken Bites