Today’s recipe is a super kid, and family friendly, meal, crispy baked coconut chicken bites! This recipe is as easy to make as sticking a mixture of shredded coconut and panko breadcrumbs onto bite sized pieces of chicken and baking until golden brown and crispy! I like to use boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces, but chicken thighs are also good. There is just something magical about crispy coconut coated chicken! With the tropical theme of the coconut, I like to serve this finger food with sweet chili sauce for dipping! As an alternative, sweet chili mayo is even better! I sometimes even mix a little sweet chili sauce into the egg that’s used to help the coconut and panko stick to the chicken so it’s baked right in!
Crispy Baked Coconut Chicken Bites
Light and crispy, baked, coconut chicken with sweet chili and sweet chili mayo dipping sauces!
- 1 pound chicken, boneless and skinless,cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup flour (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- Dredge the chicken pieces in flour, dip them in egg and coat them with a mixture of the coconut and breadcrumbs before placing them on a wire rack on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425F/220C oven until lightly golden brown and cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
Option: Lightly spray the coated chicken with oil before baking.
Option: Serve with sweet chili sauce and/or sweet chili mayo for dipping!
Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce
Grilled Coconut and Pineapple Sweet Chili Shrimp
Grilled Coconut and Pineapple Sweet Chili Shrimp Tacos
Cheesy Buffalo Mushroom Poppers
Bang Bang Shrimp
Sticky Honey Sriracha Chicken Bites
Tonkatsu (Japanese Pork Cutlets)
Honey Walnut Shrimp
Crispy Baked Thai Peanut Sauce Coated Chicken
Crispy Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
Crispy Baked Cheddar Dijon Chicken Tenders