Who can tell what my favourite new recipe was this summer? You guessed it, the zucchini pizza crust, and I could not resist getting one more in while the zucchini was still around. I have really been enjoying the zucchini and corn combo this year and I had one more idea for pizza using them, this time using a spicy salsa verde as the pizza ‘sauce’ along with some roasted poblano peppers and smoked bacon. This grilled corn, roasted poblano and bacon zucchini crust pizza is so simple and yet so amazingly good! The sweet corn definitely pairs well with the spicy salsa verde and smoky roasted poblanos and bacon!
The zucchini crust pizza can definitely be eaten by hand just like an ordinary pizza!
Just look at all of that ooey gooey melted cheese!
Grilled Corn, Roasted Poblano and Bacon Zucchini Crust Pizza
A healthy zucchini pizza crust topped with spicy salsa verde and roasted poblano peppers, sweet grilled corn, salty bacon and plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 pre-baked zucchini pizza crust
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 3/4 cup mozzarella or monterey jack, shredded
- 1 large roasted poblano pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup corn or 1 ear of grilled corn
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces and cooked
- fresh cilantro to taste (optional)
- Spread the salsa verde on the pizza, top with the mozzarella, corn, poblano pepper and bacon and bake in a preheated 450F/230C oven until the cheese is bubbling, about 10-15 minutes.
- Optionally serve topped with fresh cilantro.
Tip: If your salsa verde is really wet, simmer it a bit to remove some of the excess water.