It has been a while since the last time I did a Jamaican jerk dish and I had been craving one for the last few days. Since I have been trying to keep things on the lighter side I figured that a jerked fish dish would be perfect. I kept things pretty and simple and I went with my favourite homemade jerk marinade recipe which I marinated the fish in for several hours ahead of time. I often like to serve jerk dishes with a fruity salsa and this time I went with a banana and pineapple salsa whose sweetness and juiciness would nicely balance the heat from the spicy jerk marinade. I served the fish over some jasmine rice that I cooked in coconut milk to keep the fruity theme going. Overall this is a really amazing light, quick and tasty dish that certainly satisfied my cravings for a Jamaican jerk dish!
Jerk Fish on Coconut Rice Topped with Banana and Pineapple Salsa
Baked white fish marinated in Jamaican jerk sauce served over coconut rice and topped with a banana an pineapple salsa.
- 1 pound white fish fillets (I used tilapia)
- 1 batch jerk marinade
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup water
- 1 batch banana and pineapple salsa
- Marinate the fish fillets for at least two hours in a ziplock bag in the fridge.
- Bring the rice, coconut milk and water to a boil, reduce the temperature to medium low, cover and let simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the fish and the marinade in a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the jerk fish on the coconut rice and top with the banana and pineapple salsa.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Jerked Pulled Pork Wraps with Mango and Banana Relish
Jerked Chicken with Mango and Avocado Salad
Jamaican Jerk Burgers with Pineapple and Banana Relish
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Grilled Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Salsa
Teriyaki Grilled Pineapple Salsa with Candied Jalapenos and Bacon
Grilled Pineapple and Banana Sundays with Caramel Sauce and Cashews
Jerk Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches with Coconut Slaw