Feta is one of my favourite cheese’s and I almost always have a tub of it in my fridge. I like the tubs where there is a solid block of feta in brine and you can easily take out what you need and use it as a block or crumble it. Feta bakes really well; it melts on the inside but retains its shape on the outside! Once baked you can easily dip crackers into it, spread it on crostini or even mix it all up. This Mediterranean baked feta bakes the feta with tasty Mediterranean flavours/ingredients such as olives, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano and olive oil. I like to serve this ‘dip’ with spoons so that you can scoop some of the melted feta along with each of the ingredients onto crostini or crackers and it is simply amazing! This is a great appetizer or snack for any occasion!
Mediterranean Baked Feta
Feta that’s baked with olives, tomatoes, and oregano that ‘melts’ into crostini, crackers or chips that’s dipped into!
- 8 ounce block of feta
- 1 cup pitted olives (kalamata, green, etc.)
- 1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced/grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place the feta in a large baking pan.
- Mix the olives, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper and pour into the baking dish around the feta.
- Drizzle the olive oil over everything.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven for 20 minutes before turning on the broiler to broiling until the feta turns a light golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Option: Add thinly sliced roasted red peppers.
Option: Serve with crostini for dipping! (Cut a baguette into thin slices, brush with olive oil, toast in the oven and optionally rub with a clove of garlic after toasting!)
Option: Toss with cooked pasta to make a tasty meal!
This sounds like it would be excellent stirred into pasta with maybe some extra olive oil!
This is a wonderful recipe. Super easy prep and absolutely delicious. I served it with Spanish chorizo, fresh pita bread, and dry white wine.
love this dish, and all of the ingredients, thank you, love how it all melts together!