I must be going through withdrawal, everywhere I look I see grilled cheese sandwiches including in the moroccan grilled chicken sandwich with preserved lemon tapenade and harissa mayo ! Luckily I had some of everything from the sandwiches leftover and I was just itching to turn them into a grilled cheese sandwich! With the filling already decided, the moroccan grilled chicken , green olive tapenade with preserved lemon , pickled onions and harissa , that left only the cheese and I figured that I would go with a Mediterranean cheese, manchego. As you might guess just from reading the ingredients, this is one tasty grilled cheese sandwich that is just packed with flavour and it is sure to satisfy your grilled cheese cravings!
This is definitely one big grilled cheese and it eats like a meal!
Moroccan Chicken Manchego Melt
A grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with Moroccan seasoned grilled chicken, green olive and preserved lemon tapenade, pickled red onions and spicy harissa along with plenty of melted manchego cheese!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 cup manchego cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup moroccan grilled chicken
- 2 tablespoons green olive tapenade with preserved lemon
- 1 tablespoon pickled onions
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese followed by the chicken, tapenade, onions and harissa, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Kevin, you are killing me with these sandwiches! They are incredible! I just ddi a Moroccan dish with cheese and am now hooked on Moroccan foods. So good!
We Are Not Martha says
Heaven!! I'm always a fan of you and your grilled cheeses!
A SPICY PERSPECTIVE says
Love the sound of this sandwich! Will have to try this for sure! 🙂
Julie @ Table for Two says
This is insanely good looking!!
Nusrat Azim says
There are so much goodness, happiness, oomph factors in between those two slices of bread! Your Sandwich looks insanely inviting!
Sounds amazing! One question though, I've searched Toronto for the meltable manchego cheese with no luck. Where do you buy it?
Tammy: I usually get it at a cheese shop in the Saint Lawrence Market, I forget the shops name but it is the one in the middle on the East side. Ask for the younger manchego.
Blog de mujeres says
Un post fantastico!!
thanks, I'll check it out – I think it's Olympic cheese on the east side in the middle.
Jenny Flake says
Now this is my kind of sandwich, amazing!!