I must be going through withdrawal, everywhere I look I see grilled cheese sandwiches including in the moroccan grilled chicken sandwich with preserved lemon tapenade and harissa mayo ! Luckily I had some of everything from the sandwiches leftover and I was just itching to turn them into a grilled cheese sandwich! With the filling already decided, the moroccan grilled chicken , green olive tapenade with preserved lemon , pickled onions and harissa , that left only the cheese and I figured that I would go with a Mediterranean cheese, manchego. As you might guess just from reading the ingredients, this is one tasty grilled cheese sandwich that is just packed with flavour and it is sure to satisfy your grilled cheese cravings!
This is definitely one big grilled cheese and it eats like a meal!
Moroccan Chicken Manchego Melt
A grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with Moroccan seasoned grilled chicken, green olive and preserved lemon tapenade, pickled red onions and spicy harissa along with plenty of melted manchego cheese!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 cup manchego cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup moroccan grilled chicken
- 2 tablespoons green olive tapenade with preserved lemon
- 1 tablespoon pickled onions
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese followed by the chicken, tapenade, onions and harissa, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.