I like to have a number of quick and easy recipe ideas on hand, especially ones that are on the healthier side, and it’s hard to beat a simple baked salmon recipe like this baked pineapple sweet chili salmon! This recipe is as easy as placing some pineapple slices down on a baking sheet, topped with the salmon fillet, before smothering it in a tasty sweet chili sauce, and baking it! It only takes 15-20 minutes to bake, during which you could make some rice and/or steam a vegetable to go with it, and when it’s done it’s garnished with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro. There is something magical about the sweet chili and peanut flavour combo, that’s even better when salmon and juicy pineapple! Yum!
Pineapple Sweet Chili Salmon
A super quick and easy salmon baked in sweet chili sauce on a bed of pineapple, garnished with chopped peanuts!
- 1 pineapple, sliced (about 10 ¼ inch thick slices)
- 1 pound salmon fillet (or trout), deboned
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced/grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced/grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, roasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Place the pineapple slices on a greased or foil lined baking sheet in a single layer, place the salmon on top and brush on the mixture of the sweet chili sauce, garlic, ginger, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until just cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with peanuts and cilantro and enjoy!
Option: Replace the chopped peanuts with toasted sesame seeds.
Cilantro and Lime Salmon
Chipotle Lime Salmon
Seared Salmon in Dill Avodaise (Avocado Hollandaise) Sauce
Salmon in a Tomato and Feta Sauce (aka Salmon Saganaki)
Asparagus and Lemon and Basil Ricotta Stuffed Salmon Rolls with Lemon Sauce
Lemon Pepper Parmesan Roast Trout
Parmesan and Herb Crusted Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce
Lemon Miso Butter Parchment Salmon with Asparagus
Blackberry Balsamic Trout
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Food Ordering says
that looks so yummy, very curious about it’s taste.
I tried making this yesterday and it turned out to be so delicious! I am in love with Salmon and the perfect blend of the sweet and spicy taste of this recipe makes the taste even better.. Thank you so much for sharing…
Josephine B says
Hi Kevin, Making this for our dinner tonight as it sounds wonderful, but for convenience sake I’m replacing the fresh pineapple with canned “unsweetened – THIN” slices drained and hoping it will be just as lovely tasting as your version. Thank you for posting this as we love salmon and trout and coming into our Australian summer now I’ll be using this recipe quite often.
Canned pineapple works!
Lawrence Turner says
Can you give a starting point on the amount of red chili’s you use in your sweet chili sauce?
I like to use 4 birds eye or 6 cayenne or a combination of them.
Do you remove the skin from the salmon and or trout before cooking?
I do not remove the skin from the salmon, but you can! Enjoy!