I like to have a number of quick and easy recipe ideas on hand, especially ones that are on the healthier side, and it’s hard to beat a simple baked salmon recipe like this baked pineapple sweet chili salmon! This recipe is as easy as placing some pineapple slices down on a baking sheet, topped with the salmon fillet, before smothering it in a tasty sweet chili sauce, and baking it! It only takes 15-20 minutes to bake, during which you could make some rice and/or steam a vegetable to go with it, and when it’s done it’s garnished with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro. There is something magical about the sweet chili and peanut flavour combo, that’s even better when salmon and juicy pineapple! Yum!
Pineapple Sweet Chili Salmon
A super quick and easy salmon baked in sweet chili sauce on a bed of pineapple, garnished with chopped peanuts!
- 1 pineapple, sliced (about 10 ¼ inch thick slices)
- 1 pound salmon fillet (or trout), deboned
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced/grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced/grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, roasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Place the pineapple slices on a greased or foil lined baking sheet in a single layer, place the salmon on top and brush on the mixture of the sweet chili sauce, garlic, ginger, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until just cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with peanuts and cilantro and enjoy!
Option: Replace the chopped peanuts with toasted sesame seeds.
Cilantro and Lime Salmon
Chipotle Lime Salmon
Seared Salmon in Dill Avodaise (Avocado Hollandaise) Sauce
Salmon in a Tomato and Feta Sauce (aka Salmon Saganaki)
Asparagus and Lemon and Basil Ricotta Stuffed Salmon Rolls with Lemon Sauce
Lemon Pepper Parmesan Roast Trout
Parmesan and Herb Crusted Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce
Lemon Miso Butter Parchment Salmon with Asparagus
Blackberry Balsamic Trout
Baked Firecracker Chicken