I often find myself thinking that I should enjoy seafood more so I thought that I would share my current favourite fish dish, this lemon pepper parmesan roast trout. This is a super quick and easy one-pan roast fish dish where the whole meal is roasted on a pan at the same time. The fish, I like trout, salmon or even tilapia, is seasoned with lemon, fresh cracked pepper and dill before being topped with parmesan and roasted until the fish is melt in your mouth tender and the cheese has melted; yum! Asparagus and tomatoes are also roasted on the pan completing the meal and everything is served with a hit of fresh lemon juice which makes things bright and fresh! The lemon, pepper and dill combo is absolutely fabulous in this lemon pepper parmesan roast trout and it’s the perfect light and quick meal anytime!
Lemon Pepper Parmesan Roast Trout
A super quick and easy lemon pepper parmesan trout roasted with, asparagus and tomatoes that is nice, light, fresh and tasty!
- 2 pounds trout fillet
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- salt taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried dill) (optional)
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- Brush the fish with the oil, sprinkle on the lemon zest, pepper, salt and dill and place on a large baking sheet.
- Toss the asparagus in the oil, alt and pepper and arrange in a single layer on the same baking dish as the fish along with the tomatoes and sprinkle the cheese over everything.
- Roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven (or barbecue) until just cooked, about 10-15 minutes before serving with a sprinkle of the lemon juice.
Asparagus and Lemon and Basil Ricotta Stuffed Salmon Rolls with Lemon Sauce
Cilantro and Lime Salmon
Chipotle Lime Salmon
Seared Salmon in Dill Avodaise (Avocado Hollandaise) Sauce
Salmon in a Tomato and Feta Sauce (aka Salmon Saganaki)
Apricot Dijon Glazed Salmon
Greek Style Salmon with Avocado Tzatziki
Maple-Miso Dijon Salmon
Parmesan and Herb Crusted Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce
Lemon Miso Butter Parchment Salmon with Asparagus
Cod in a Tomato Lemon Butter Sauce
Blackberry Balsamic Trout
Pineapple Sweet Chili Salmon