Armed with my new batch of avocado tzatziki… Having devoured the first batch of avocado tzatziki with pita chips and by the spoonful I really wanted to make another batch and use it in a recipe! With the Greek style theme with the avocado tzatziki I was thinking of continuing with it and since I have been wanting to incorporate more fish into my diet and Greek style marinated salmon was looking like a great way to go! The salmon is marinated in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, yogurt, garlic and oregano and it’s grilled, baked or broiled until just cooked before being served topped with the cool and creamy avocado tzatziki. Creamy avocado and buttery salmon were just meant for each other and with these flavours you really can’t go wrong with this super easy and tasty dinner! I like to serve this greek style salmon with avocado tzatziki with a greek salad.
Greek Style Salmon with Avocado Tzatziki
Salmon marinated in a tasty Greek style sauce with olive oil, lemon, yogurt, garlic and oregano served topped with a cool and creamy avocado tzatziki.
- 24 ounces salmon, cut into 4 portions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (~1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups avocado tzatziki
- Marinate the salmon in the oil, lemon juice and zest, yogurt, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper for 20 minutes before placing it on a baking dish and baking in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the salmon just starts to flake easily, about 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with the avocado tzatziki and enjoy!