I often find myself thinking that dinner is just not complete without a green vegetable. One of my favorite green vegetables is spinach and I decided to have some with my lemon
roasted chicken dinner
. Since I was going with some Greek flavours with the rest of the meal I decided go continue with the theme for the spinach. This spinach was inspired by the spinach filling of
. The spinach was pretty tasty. I really enjoyed the spinach, feta, lemon and dill flavour combination. I will be making this again and now I really need want to try making the spanakopita.
Spinach with Feta Dressing
- 1 bunch spinach (rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon feta (crumbled into fine bits)
- 1/2 tablespoon dill (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion (chopped, optional)
- Steam the spinach until wilted.
- Rinse the spinach in cold water to stop the cooking and drain.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, feta, dill, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix the dressing and green onions into the spinach.