Shrimp scampi, which is basically shrimp cooked in a butter, garlic and lemon sauce, is one of my favourite meals! The other day I was enjoying some cilantro lime grilled shrimp and I could not help but think that the fabulous cilantro and lime flavour combo would be great in shrimp scampi! I mean if you take something that is already good, like butter and garlic, and combine it with something else that is great, like cilantro and lime, you can only get something even better! I was right! The buttery, garlicky, cilantro and lime sauce is absolutely amazing with shrimp; and it's so quick and easy to make! You can serve this cilantro lime shrimp scampi all by itself, with crusty bread, on rice, on pasta, on quinoa, etc. or my current obsession, zucchini noodles to make for a complete, light summer meal!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Shrimp in a tasty butter, garlic and lime sauce with plenty of fresh cilantro/coriander served on zucchini noodles!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (16-24), shelled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth or shrimp broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat until frothing, add the shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, flip, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 more minute before setting the shrimp aside.
- Add the white wine and lime juice to the pan, deglaze it, simmer for 2 minutes, add the zucchini noodles and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes, before seasoning with salt and pepper, adding the shrimp, lime zest and cilantro, tossing everything and removing from the heat.
Note: Cut the zucchini into noodles with a mandoline or a spiralizer.