Burgers, especially bacon cheeseburgers, are one of my favourite foods and it’s fun to use the flavours and ingredients in different ways. Gnocchi are small potato dumplings and when you combine them with the deconstructed ingredients from burgers they make for a tasty meal! This recipe starts out with ground beef which is seasoned with burger inspired flavours including, onions, garlic, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, and tomatoes. Of course I like to add bacon and to finish the dish off with a topping of melted cheese! This gnocchi has all of the flavours of bacon cheeseburgers and it’s it super easy to make! Feel free to serve this topped with burger fillings such as diced tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, etc!
Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi
All of the flavours of a bacon cheeseburger in a tasty gnocchi dish!
- 1 pound potato gnocchi (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper (or steak seasoning) to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1 cup beef broth (or water)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Start cooking the gnocchi as directed on the package.*
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet/pan until crispy, before setting the bacon aside and draining off all but 1 tablespoon of grease from the pan.
- Add the beef and onion and cook in the grease, breaking the beef apart as it cooks, until the beef is cooked through and the onions are tender, before draining off any excess grease.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cooked gnocchi, bacon, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt and pepper, along with the cornstarch mixed into the broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and let it melt.
- Sprinkle on the green onions and enjoy!
Option: Serve garnished with your favourite burger fillings such as: diced tomatoes, diced pickles, shredded lettuce, etc.
Option: Serve with a side of potato chips, fries, etc.
Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
Bacon Cheeseburger Omelette
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Salad
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Dip
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Soup
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese Sandwich
One Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Cauliflower Gnocchi in Asiago Mushroom and Spinach Sauce
Chicken Gnocchi in a Creamy Lemon and Caper Sauce
Mozzarella Baked Gnocchi Bolognese