Peach season is one of my favourite times of the year! I normally enjoy eating fresh peaches, just they way they are, or, sometimes, using them in a sweet recipe, but they also work well in savoury dishes like these balsamic peach pork chops! This recipes is super easy! You simply marinate some pork chops in a simple balsamic marinade before pan searing the chops and cooking the balsamic sauce along with plenty of peach slices. The sauce is inspired by a balsamic vinaigrette where apricot preserves are used instead of honey or sugar for the sweet aspect. Once the pork chops are cooked and the sauce has thickened a bit, the fresh peach slices are added and cooked to warm before being enoyed. I like to serve the balsamic peach pork chops with a mild blue cheese crumbled on top,but it’s completely optional.
Balsamic Peach Pork Chops with Blue Cheese
Juicy pork chops topped in balsamic peaches and blue cheese!
- 1 pound pork chops
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (or feta), crumbled (optional)
- Marinate the pork chops in half of the mixture of the balsamic vinegar, apricot preserves, mustard, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper, for 20 minutes to overnight, reserving the remaining half.
- Shake off the excess marinade and pan fry over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Place the remaining balsamic mixture in the pan and simmer until it starts to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Add the peach slices and cook until they are just tender, about 2 minutes.
- Enjoy the pork chops topped in the balsamic peach sauce topped with the crumbled blue cheese!
Maple Dijon Apple Cider Grilled Pork Chops
Caramel Apple Pork Chops
Balsamic Honey and Mustard Pork Chops
Cuban Mojo Grilled Pork Chops
Raspberry Balsamic Chipotle Grilled Pork Chops
Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops
Greek Style Grilled Lamb Chops
Grilled Peach and Honey Dijon Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans