Cauliflower soup and buffalo chicken wings are both among my favourite foods and the combination of them works so well in this buffalo cauliflower soup! This recipe is pretty much a simple cauliflower soup recipe with the flavours of buffalo chicken wings! The buffalo hot sauce is the main flavour and since buffalo wings are often served with carrot and celery sticks on the side, this soup includes carrots and celery, along with onion. Buffalo wings are also served with a creamy dip, often a ranch dressing dip or a blue cheese dip so the soup is made creamy with cream cheese and cheddar cheese and I like to include ranch dressing herbs: dill, chives and parsley. I am a fan of blue cheese so I would normally mix it right into the soup but because some people are not fans, I leave it as an optional ingredient for the soup, and I serve it with some crumbled blue cheese on the side to sprinkle on! This buffalo cauliflower soup is amazing as a side or as a light meal!
Buffalo Cauliflower Soup
A smooth and creamy cauliflower soup with all of the flavours of buffalo chicken wings (without the chicken).
- 1 tablespoon butter (or oil)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced/grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried chives (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- 6 cups cauliflower, cut into florets (~1 medium cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce*
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook until tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and paprika, mix and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, dill, chives, parsley, and cauliflower, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the hot sauce and puree (in a blender, food processor or with a stick blender), return to the pot and turn off the heat.
- Transfer 1 cup of the soup to a bowl and mix in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until they melt, before mixing back into the soup in the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Option: Roast the cauliflower!
Option: Add 1/4 cup blue cheese, melted into the soup along with the cheddar cheese!
Option: Add 1 pound potatoes, cut into cubes.
Option: Garnish with cooked and crumbled bacon!
Option: Garnish with crumbled blue cheese!
Option: Garnish with thinly sliced green onions.
Option: Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
Asiago Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Soup
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup with Goat Cheese
Creamy Mushroom and Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Creamy Roasted Asparagus and Brie Cauliflower Soup
Roasted Cauliflower and Poblano Pepper Soup
Asiago Cauliflower and Quinoa Chowder
Buffalo Chicken Chowder
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Easy Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
Leave a Reply