After popping a few of those grilled cilantro lime shrimp into my mouth it was time to use them in something, tacos! For these tacos I wanted to keep things nice and light and summery so I started out with a simple roasted corn slaw that I tossed in a roasted jalapeno crema followed by some cool and creamy avocado, the cilantro lime shrimp and a dollop of even more of the roasted jalapeño crema for some extra creamy heat. Although the cilantro lime shrimp would be good in just about everything, they are particularly nice in these fresh summery tacos!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos with Roasted Corn Slaw and Roasted Jalapeno Crema
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:15 minutes Cool Time:10 minutes Total Time:25 minutes Servings: 4
Cilantro lime shrimp tacos with a summery roasted corn and jalapeno slaw and roasted jalapeno crema.
- 2+ jalapeno peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted jalapeno crema
- 1 pound cilantro lime shrimp
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 large avocado, diced
- cilantro to taste
For the roasted jalapeno crema:
For the roasted corn slaw:
For the tacos:
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down, place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blistered and blackened, about 8-14 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 10 minutes, before pinching off the skins.
- Puree everything.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet to medium-high, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, about 6-8 minutes, mix it up, let it char again and set aside.
- Mix everything.
- Assemble the tacos with slaw on the bottom, topped with avocado, shrimp and a dollop of roasted jalapeno crema along with a garnish of cilantro.