After popping a few of those grilled cilantro lime shrimp into my mouth it was time to use them in something, tacos! For these tacos I wanted to keep things nice and light and summery so I started out with a simple roasted corn slaw that I tossed in a roasted jalapeno crema followed by some cool and creamy avocado, the cilantro lime shrimp and a dollop of even more of the roasted jalapeño crema for some extra creamy heat. Although the cilantro lime shrimp would be good in just about everything, they are particularly nice in these fresh summery tacos!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos with Roasted Corn Slaw and Roasted Jalapeno Crema
Cilantro lime shrimp tacos with a summery roasted corn and jalapeno slaw and roasted jalapeno crema.
- 2+ jalapeno peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted jalapeno crema
- 1 pound cilantro lime shrimp
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 large avocado, diced
- cilantro to taste
For the roasted jalapeno crema:
For the roasted corn slaw:
For the tacos:
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down, place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blistered and blackened, about 8-14 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 10 minutes, before pinching off the skins.
- Puree everything.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet to medium-high, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, about 6-8 minutes, mix it up, let it char again and set aside.
- Mix everything.
- Assemble the tacos with slaw on the bottom, topped with avocado, shrimp and a dollop of roasted jalapeno crema along with a garnish of cilantro.
Liz @ Floating Kitchen says
These look beautiful Kevin. I'm loving shrimp right now. So easy for the summer! And I'm all over this jalapeño crema!
These are the perfect tacos, Kevin! They have everything a tacos needs and then some!
Looks simply wonderful: fresh and healthy. Blessings, Catherine
Helene Peloquin says
I make salmon tacos with a delicious creama. I will try it with shrimps next time. Delicious recipe Kevin!
Great way to use up those leftovers! Another great recipe, Kevin.
I have been craving tacos like CRAZY and this post only makes me crave them even more! Bravo!
Shelby Law Ruttan says
I would love these at my table, they sound so flavorful and delicious. I love the slaw and crema topping!
Marianne in MD says
I made these last night and they were very good. 1 lb. of shrimp for 4 people was skimpy and we had to count them out so everyone had their fair share. I would use 1 1/2 lbs. at least. For the slaw I had red cabbage and added some chopped romaine for the green color, It was good.
Kevin! The tacos look absolutely incredible. Seriously drool worthy.
Jocelyn Delk Adams says
I'm just so in love with these!
Looks so good! Have to give these a go, thanks!
delisa ramos says
I have to admit I had to make some modifications but not because I wanted to, only because I really wanted to make these and I didn't have all the ingredients. I did not have any cabbage so I just mixed all of the jalapeno crema with the rest of the slaw ingredients. Also, as I said, I really wanted these tacos, but I didn't have the grill going. I had to cook the shrimp in a cast iron skillet. And other than adding extra garlic as I always do in any recipe, I made everything as called for. These tacos were sooooo good. I can't wait to make them again "the right way". Thank you, Kevin!